Back to LAST Saturday.. it was a wonderful day that Jake and I both needed to get in some relaxation time with good old Mother Nature. After having a lazy morning we went to Pepe’s to pick up a “picnic”….I know I know, a picnic is normally defined as fried chicken, potato salad and the likes. But Pepe’s was on the way and they do have some great Mexican food for being “fast food.” Anyways, we headed on out to Cooke’s Point and let me tell you…I’m really not much of a nature girl. I went fishing a whopping one time before I met Jake, and growing up, you would most likely find me inside playing the piano, reading, cheerleading or tumbling. All of my activities were inside so Mother Nature and I don’t always get along. Hence my blood curdling scream when I was opening the fence to let Jake drive in and I saw a spider. A small, black spider. Scary to me, hilarious to jake. Glad I could provide some laughs. All in all though we had a great day. It really couldn’t have gotten better…because guess who caught the very FIRST fish?!
The last I'm sporting my "padding." I have a pretty bad shoulder...it used to pop in an out when I tumbled so that's my excuse for this fashion statement. That shotgun sure can kick! And I just liked wearing the earmuffs....another wonderful fashion statement! I also have one of my targets that I destroyed with the shotgun.
It's finally Saturday and spring break has FINALLY begun! That's the wonderful thing about being a teacher. I actually still get a spring break in my career! A much needed one too. We're going to cheer on the Aggies vs. Kansas today and then it's off to Sherman..and my family! We miss them like crazy so it'll be a fun week. Jason is coming too because let's face it...who DOESN'T want to experience Sherman?!?! I'm so jealous...they got a LOT of snow...TWICE. And they got a snow day...mom saved me some though ;) Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment