I've caught myself saying "oh my" a lot these days. I just can't help it...I have lots of "oh my" moments in my life. My "oh mys" range from happy to sad to angry to emotional. A lot of my "oh mys" are said at school. A kid brings me a creepy crawly insect...my reaction? "Oh my!" The class is getting too loud, I say, "oh my!" And of course, I haven't blogged in a few weeks..."oh my!" too much to write! Mom, I have become you, queen of "heaven to besty".
Anyways, this brings me to the beginning of my extra long catchup blog. Beware... this may reach novel length. Chapters would most definitely be appropriate. So that being said, read at your own risk.
Student Teaching. It's over. Over over over. Which also means I'm officially done with college. I have nothing to do but walk the stage. Glory glory hallelujah...It's a great feeling...but totally bittersweet. It was hard to say goodbye to my kids at school. I've gotten attached to them, and they've gotten attached to me. April 4th was technically my last day, but I've found ways to go back every day...until last Thursday. That was my absolute last day and I'm not going to lie I was a little bit teary! I was subbing for our class so I sat the kids down and told them this was it! They didn't understand why I was leaving, but they were a little prepared for it. Mrs. Pate (the teacher I've been working with) had them all write me goodbye letters and she put them together in the cutest book. I got a similar gift from the first grade class I worked with in high school and I treasure it. It's fun to go through it and read the cute letters...try to decipher the poor spelling mistakes...love it. Teaching is rewarding, no matter how trying it can be, at the end of the day, I'd like to think I've touched a life for good and have made a difference.
Alright enough of the sappy stuff. I like to believe I’m crafty these days so I made a flower pot for Mrs. Pate with all of the kids' handprints on it. She loved it and the kids loved making it, so SUCCESS!

This is a before picture....
It's more of a handprint montage but you get the idea...I mean with 23 students and 1 flowerpot come on!! SO…I’ve applied for graduation, passed all 3 teacher certification tests, applied for my teaching certificate, gotten fingerprinted, completed all college requirements….that is one long equation that equals one big thing. Graduation. From Texas A&M. Reed Arena, May 10, 2pm. Put it on your calendar!
My love for kids spreads to the fam of course too. My favorite thing to do is play with Katy and Allen. No lies Meg. They’re so fun!!! And does Allen not have the best smile ever! We babysat for them a few weeks ago and I captured some super cute pictures that I couldn’t help but post. B-E-A-UTIFUL children!
They LOVE Jake.
Anyways, this brings me to the beginning of my extra long catchup blog. Beware... this may reach novel length. Chapters would most definitely be appropriate. So that being said, read at your own risk.
Student Teaching. It's over. Over over over. Which also means I'm officially done with college. I have nothing to do but walk the stage. Glory glory hallelujah...It's a great feeling...but totally bittersweet. It was hard to say goodbye to my kids at school. I've gotten attached to them, and they've gotten attached to me. April 4th was technically my last day, but I've found ways to go back every day...until last Thursday. That was my absolute last day and I'm not going to lie I was a little bit teary! I was subbing for our class so I sat the kids down and told them this was it! They didn't understand why I was leaving, but they were a little prepared for it. Mrs. Pate (the teacher I've been working with) had them all write me goodbye letters and she put them together in the cutest book. I got a similar gift from the first grade class I worked with in high school and I treasure it. It's fun to go through it and read the cute letters...try to decipher the poor spelling mistakes...love it. Teaching is rewarding, no matter how trying it can be, at the end of the day, I'd like to think I've touched a life for good and have made a difference.
Alright enough of the sappy stuff. I like to believe I’m crafty these days so I made a flower pot for Mrs. Pate with all of the kids' handprints on it. She loved it and the kids loved making it, so SUCCESS!
This is a before picture....
My love for kids spreads to the fam of course too. My favorite thing to do is play with Katy and Allen. No lies Meg. They’re so fun!!! And does Allen not have the best smile ever! We babysat for them a few weeks ago and I captured some super cute pictures that I couldn’t help but post. B-E-A-UTIFUL children!
They LOVE Jake.
How do you not fall in love with this!!! What a cute face!
1 comment:
Those little faces ARE adorable! Can you e-mail me the pics? You guys are more than welcome to them...anytime! And congrats to my favorite teacher! Your future classes are SOOOO going to love you!
Post a Comment