Saturday, October 1, 2011

How Does She Do It?

Have you seen the previews for the Sarah Jessica Parker movie, "How Does She Do It?" I feel like that's my life. I've got to go see that movie. I really do wake up in the middle of the night with my to do lists running through my head. Yes, I said listS. I keep one for school and one for home. And both can get quite lengthy! These first 6 weeks of school have been SO busy for me. I was coming home feeling exhausted yet stressed because even though I had knocked out some items on that lovely to do list, I still had a ton more to go. It seems like we have a million new things on our plates this year. No it doesn't seem like it, we DO have a million new things happening. And that's okay. That's my job. But it did cause me to be a bit stressed and overwhelmed. Because I don't want to stay at school until 8pm. I can't stay at school until 8pm. I want to go pick up my daughter and spend my afternoon with her. I have errands to run, dinner to cook, house to clean, laundry to do, places to be, people to see! 90mph has been my life lately. And here's how I do it.



My family.



Elizabeth stayed with my parents in Dallas for 4 days. I had Mon-Wed to get my feet back on the ground without feeling guilty about my daughter not being with me...she was with my parents, the next best thing. And I worked hard getting everything done so that when she came home I could devote all my time to her. My sister and her husband brought Elizabeth back to us on Wednesday and are staying with us through the weekend. They have cooked us meals to freeze, cleaned our house, done our laundry, babysat our daughter...everything.


We are very blessed. We both have jobs that allow us to provide for our family. We have loving family members who are more than willing to help us out when we need it. And we have a sweet daughter who loves us and we love her. We are so grateful for all of our blessings and know that we have been given so much. I have realized that it's okay to let some things slide. I know I need to sit back and enjoy life instead of worrying about everything getting done. The other night Elizabeth and I sat outside on the porch watching the rain...and that was the most relaxing moment for me. I need more of those and I'll make time for more of those. Because without them...I'll go crazy!!!


Speaking of crazy, here is our crazy little girl....this is typical Elizabeth!!




1 comment:

cd said...

You need to look at my pinterest board for main course dinners. There is a link for frozen dinners that you take out of the freezer and put right in the crockpot. I think it would be PERFECT for your crazy life right now! Check it out. Good luck girl!