Friday, July 4, 2008

Babies and Baby Showers!

It happened again...and on a holiday!! Our lawn mowers right outside our window. Maybe Jake can sleep through that but I sure can't! So on to more Sherman...
I started babysitting a cute little girl when she was 8 months old. Her daddy was my Freshman Biology teacher and then our assistant principal in HS so we knew he and his family very well and they asked me to start keeping their baby a few times a week during the summer. I agreed and wound up keeping her for a few more summers after that. I've gotten very close to their family so when I visit Sherman I try to catch up with them. The girls had made me a graduation present they wanted to bring by so they came over one night and we had lots of fun! I love these girls, especially the older one who I babysat so much and I love the whole fam!

Here's both girls...they made me the cutest little plate that says Hillary's Lil Aggies...love it!

Elizabeth has always made us laugh without fail...she never crawled as a baby, she scooted around on her bottom! Her fun-loving ways was a major bonding factor for us!


We just love each other!!! While she was playing, out of the blue she said "Hillary, I miss you." Talk about a heartbreaker! I'm packing up and moving back as we speak!


Next.....

The reason I planned my trip for last week: BABY SHOWER!! Jessica and I threw a baby shower for Amanda as she is due on August 9th. It was SO fun, we had great food and fun and lots of great people there. A lot of people came to celebrate with us so Amanda got a ton of amazing stuff for her little Emma Grace, in her words it was better than Christmas!

The honoree and me! Amanda/best friend/cousin! We've always been best friends before cousins...that's just us!

Like I said, amazing food! Our aunt Kelly makes AMAZING cakes...she did my wedding cakes...so she made this one for us...Amanda's nursery will be pink and sage green with ladybugs so that's what the cake was...so cute!

I am SUCH a sucker for babies!!!





The Little girls!

That's about it for Sherman!! Happy 4th to all of my lovely readers! We're planning on invading Jake's parents house since they're out of town and having a cook out and going out to their land for fireworks and fun. Hope you've got great plans too!

2 comments:

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

You gotta take that picture of you, me, and mom off! That's a horrible pic of me.

Em said...

Amanda looks SO stinkin' cute! I didn't even know she was expecting! How fun! I wish she had a blog because I'm going to want to see pics of that cute little baby!