Our poor church ward at home...they probably wonder if we've gone inactive. By the time we finally make it back to church we will have been gone 6 weeks in a row. At least we're going to church somewhere though!
We are in Utah now. We drove to Houston on Saturday night to see Jason and invade his house for the night. He took us to the airport on Sunday morning and after a very uneventful flight, we arrived in Salt Lake City that afternoon. Dave, Eric and Natalie were waiting for us...and let the fun begin! Once we got to Logan we explored a little bit...you know how different Utah is from Texas! The Utahns took us up to the canyon and we played up there and had a nice relaxing time. We made it the house, watched a movie and then an exhausted Hillary fell right to sleep..like I said, nothing eventful.
Yesterday was a blast. Some friends of ours (The Hatch's) have family in Utah that we know and that Dave & Natalie are pretty close to so we drove over to Smithfield to meet Paul & Steph and their family to go tubing for the day. How relaxing! We spent a couple of hours floating down the river and having another relaxing good time. I of course couldn't find my camera before we left College Station so sadly, no pics....I'm seriously thinking about going to Best Buy and buying a new camera! We ended the day with a movie in Paul & Steph's home theater (super nice by the way!), a trip to Natalie's house in Richmond and a late night Wal Mart run....we've stayed pretty busy! And can I just say, I don't think I've EVER seen so many stars in the sky! The weather is beautiful here, everything is so clear and nice and we're really enjoying ourselves. Of course when it comes down to it....I know we'd always choose Texas over Utah. It's our home!
I'll keep you updated....we've still got 12 more days here!
2 comments:
Sorry...I guess I missed you before you left. You are welcome to still borrow the books when you get back if you want to. Have fun on your trip!
Don't even joke about moving from Texas. I need those little future Jake & Hillary Jr's to play with Katy and Allen!! Who else are my kids going to boss around? You know Katy is already OCD and bossy like Karli. As for cameras, now is a great time to make an investment!! GO DSLR!!
Post a Comment