Welllll.....to pick up where we left off...
The whole reason we're up here in Utah is for the big WEDDING! So we did wedding things all day Wednesday as the wedding was Thursday. We woke up bright and early and headed to the Bountiful Temple on Thursday morning for the big day! It was a beautiful wedding and I'm so glad we were able to attend. I love weddings!! The reception was also beautiful and we got to catch up with some fun people so that was nice. Lovely day!!
We spent Friday and Saturday night in Lindon with Jake's aunt and uncle. It was fun for me to get to know them better and we had a great time. They took us to the Mayan restaurant one night, somewhere I've always wanted to go. It was great! We had a lot of fun with them...such a great family!
Now we're up in Eden at my great uncle's house. It is BEAUTIFUL! Between the 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and countless closets I've gotten lost quite a few times! Needless to say we are totally relaxing and enjoying ourselves up here and are definitely vacationing in style. We spent a while in the hot tub last night to relax and that was so nice. We went to the lake today and swam for a while and are grilling tonight...lots of fun! Our newlywed friends spent last night with us, and are staying until tomorrow so we're just all having a great time..I can't say it enough!
I woke up this morning and called my mom and while I was talking to her, got a call from the 903 area code (Sherman). I quickly got off the phone because I had an idea of who was calling...and I was right! I was offered my dream job and my dream school and couldn't be more excited. I'll be teaching 1st grade at the brand new Henry Sory Elementary school in Sherman. Now I know some of you are saying WHAT?! What about Jake?! He graduates from A&M in December so we'll be away from each other for a few months but luckily we're close enough to see each other every weekend. This is just the perfect opportunity, one I couldn't pass up and I'm 100% sure Jake and I have a good solid marriage that will withstand a little time apart. :) So wish me luck....I start everything on Monday!
That's that for now...
3 comments:
Hey! Congratulations on landing the perfect job!
Huge congrats for your dream job!! I'm sad to not have you guys in our back yard anymore, though. :o(
Wow how awesome! Congrats.
Post a Comment