Friday, August 15, 2008

Beautiful Utah - Picture Post

So Lots to say and no time to say it! We hit the ground running this week at school so if I'm home I'm exhausted and heading for bed hence the no time for blogging. So I just got a nap and am ready to blog! So on to the end of our Utah trip....
We ended up in Eden on Sunday night and brought our newlywed friends with us to have some fun. We hot tubbed, fished, swam and had tons of fun for a couple of days before they had to go back to the real world. But we're glad we got to spend so much time with them! We drove up further into the canyon and found some beautiful views...


And I hit my head. And was dizzy with a headache down the canyon...not a good combo!

We bought groceries one day and did most of our meals as the house...

We went up to Salt Lake one day to see my sister and Ryan and have breakfast with them. Since we were in the area we went to the temple also, which is GORGEOUS inside and out. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it if you're there and have the time..

One of our views on the way back to Eden from Salt Lake...

We LOVED our hot tub and spent lots of time in it. It had a beautiful view, we saw lots of shooting stars and it was perfect weather!



We went up to Park City one day so Jake could revisit his childhood memories of racing his dad and brother down the Alpine Slide. It was lots of fun...I was rather slow at first but the second time I shaved a few second off my time ;) We just love being together so again...it was lots of fun! Here we are after getting off of the ski lift heading to the top of the slide



About to go down the slide!!! HA...I look a bit scared huh?!



I'd just like to thank my Dad for those lovely bald spots on the side of my head that show oh so prevalently when I wear a ponytail. Thanks dad! :)
We spent some time in Provo with Jake's mission buddies and invited them up to the house in Eden for our last couple of nights there. We had TONS of fun with them! It was so fun to hear mission stories about Jake that he wouldn't have told me...you can imagine. It's great that Jake keeps in touch with these guys and I was happy to meet them. They were impressed with the size of the house and suggested a few games to take advantage of it so we were up until 4:30 one night/morning just having fun. I'm a 10:00bedtime kind of girl so be proud of me for being up that late! We all slept in the next day and went to the lake in the afternoon...again more fun.
Everyone but me of course...I made it until 4:30 one night...but not the next! So no, i'm not taking the picture, I'm in bed!

The mission buddies!

Finally we got a picture of Dave & Natalie when they took us to the airport on Sunday since we didn't have our camera for their wedding. So introducing the newlyweds....


We're "home" now and back to the real world. Home is in parentheses because we're in my new home in Sherman. Jake is spending the week here with me before he has to go back to school. I'm settling in here and have been spending most of my time at the school either in training or working in my classroom but loving it! I'll have to post pictures as they come!














No comments: